dc motor driver from parallel port

D

derrick

Can some out there help me on my project regarding controlling a dc motor through the parallel port of a PC!

Derrick;
Do a search on cnc equipment there are alot of companies that sell retro equipment fo small shops to put stepper controls or servo controls
on small milling machines. The ones I've seen have all been controlled threw a cad/cam software that interfaces threw a parallel port. Good
luck
Mike

R

Richard O'Donnell

I would be happy to help you. Please provide the following 'minimal' information:

1. What Operating System are you using ?
2. What is the control algorithm ?
3. Do you need "manual" and/or "Automatic" control?

4. What is the nameplate info from the motor ?

5. What type of 'environment' will you utilize the motor (e.g., classroom, demo, personal use, industrial plant floor, Hospital, etc., ) ??

Regards,

Rick

J

James Fountas

Get the follwoing book

Controlling the World with your PC
by Paul Bergsman
ISBN: 1-878707-15-9
Library of Congrees catalog number 94-075298
HighText Publications, Inc.
P.O. Box 1489
Solana Beach, CA 92075

The book includes code and apllication notes for stepping motors and servo motors. I have never delt with that section of the book.

James Fountas
[email protected]

I also need help on my assignment! I will use a bi-polar, pulse-width modulated (PWM), H bridge circuit to drive the permanent magnet,
brushed dc motor. I need to use C++ by a parallel port to turn the dc motor to rotate in clockwise or counterclockwise and to calculate the duty cycle and speed(rpm) of the dc motor. Anyone can help?! Really desperate...

A

AHMAD MOVAHEDIAN

HI
i'm working on robocup project and i have some question about dc motor driver can you help me.
THANKS A LOT
ahmad movahedian
control designer
AI LAB IUT.