DCS Yokogawa as a client for OPC

Hello everyone!

We have DCS Yokogawa CentumVP in our plant (four domains overall) with some other third party systems.
We need to get data from workstation with WinCC OPC server to CentumVP (by means of Unified Gateway Station).
The problem is that the workstation with WinCC OPC server is located in domain #2 and CentumVP (UGS station) is located in domain #3. The connection between domains occurs through the layer 3 switch. And we can't reach yet this connection.
But when we start Matricon OPC Explorer on the UGS Station this connection is successfully reached.
So what could be the problem, DCOM settings or impossibility for Yokogawa make OPC connection between domains?

I have had problems with OPC across domains and the solution was to use an OPC tunneler. Of course Matricon sell the tunneller program, however they are not cheap and the last quote 5yrs ago was 6k USD.
There are other solutions, however they require a deeper understanding of networking, which I did not have the resources for at the time.

Hello everyone!

We have DCS Yokogawa CentumVP in our plant (four domains overall) with some other third party systems.
We need to get data from workstation with WinCC OPC server to CentumVP (by means of Unified Gateway Station).
The problem is that the workstation with WinCC OPC server is located in domain #2 and CentumVP (UGS station) is located in domain #3. The connection between domains occurs through the layer 3 switch. And we can't reach yet this connection.
But when we start Matricon OPC Explorer on the UGS Station this connection is successfully reached.
So what could be the problem, DCOM settings or impossibility for Yokogawa make OPC connection between domains?
Hi, which model and version of WinCC are you using for the OPC DA Server?

I believe the primary issue appears to be authentication (and possibly some related DCOM issues).

What Unified Gateway Station System Alarms were raised?

Possibly some secondary or emerging concerns; though not necessarily your immediate situation.

Did your comparison with MatrikonOPC OPC Explorer return updating values as well? For that comparison test, what user on the UGS did you use?

Host name resolution where needed (I’ll come back to that another time).

Recognising you have your UGS in a (Vnet/IP) Domain 3 and WinCC OPC DA Server in a (Vnet/IP) Domain 2…
Network traffic.
What network segments are the WinCC OPC <-> UGS traffic on?
My wider secondary concern is you are running that OPC traffic over a Vnet/IP Control Bus network (such as Vnet/IP Bus2), instead of a dedicated ethernet network segment(s).

Errors & omissions excepted

[ENDs]