DDE Driver for ModBus

R

Renato Pellegrini

We are searching for a DDE Driver able to manage MODBUS RTU over a serial link, running in a WIN NT4 SP4 ambient. The tool must be a slave using a fixed addr. (The master is a ABB/DCS).
This driver must be able to receive information from DCS and to send information to DCS. Need also well detailed documentation.

Regards.

Renato PELLEGRINI
PF Sistemi Srl
Viale Montenero, 34
20135 MILANO

phone +39 (0)2 59901522
fax +39 (0)2 55014899
mail [email protected]

G
Hello Renato,

Modicon has a DDE driver/server for modbus RTU called Modlink. I suggest that you get hold of a Schneider/Square D representative in your area to get your hands on it. If you have a problem getting hold of someone please contact me and give your details with your area and I will have someone call you.

these are the part numbers and the pricing.

352SMD49300 MODLINK SOFTWARE $395.00
352SMD49310 MODLINK LITE SOFTWARE $195.00
352SMD49320 MODLINK TRIAL SOFTWARE $ 195.00

Gary Graham
[email protected]

B

Bob Dannenfelser

Check out the website www.kepware.com and see if the various drivers they have will do the trick. Many of the HMI packages now use their drivers and the price is right, too. Good Luck!
Bob Dannenfelser
Mottley Air Power

A

Alastair Fordyce

Try Standard Automation
http://www.stdauto.com/standard_solutions.shtml#dde

We used the Wonderware Modbus Master dde driver to talk to Modbus RTU devices and transfer the data to a Modbus Master via the Standard Automation Modbus Slave driver. Wonderware
Intouch was used to map between the Master and Slave tags. Other options may be possible.

Best regards

Alastair Fordyce TM.IPENZ,REA, NZCE,CQA
Systems Engineer
Bremca Industries Limited www.bremca.co.nz
PO Box 7169
Christchurch
NEW ZEALAND
tel +64 (3) 332 6370
fax +64 (3) 332 6377
e-mail [email protected]

A

Andrew Piereder

We use such a product for Wonderware Intouch, but it is unique to Intouch and cannot be used independantly.

In other projects where we have two Modbus masters, we have implemented a modbus concentrator to act as slave on each link and pass the data through to the other link through internal buffers. Latency is non-existent. If
you like, I can forward project documentation to you. (The cost is $3,300.00 US)

Andy Piereder
Pinnacle IDC