DDE Server MPI for S7 (SIMATIC S300)

C

Comprex

I want to establish low-cost communication between standard PC with PCI card CP5611 (SIEMENS) and PLC Simatic CPU314IFM.
I currently use PRODAVE , but I am strongly disappointed with this software.
What I need is DDE server for S7 with MPI protocol. Unfortunately such commercial
servers have high price up to 600 USD for one license. That is why I decided to make my own DDE server for S300 with MPI protocol.

Can anyone tell me where I could possibly find some specifications or description of MPI protocol for S7 S300 ?
Any suggestions how to solve the problem of communication between standard PC and S7 S300 in any other way would be very appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Ryszard Jalocha
[email protected]

H

Helmut Meissner

You should try the driver package if the germany company Process-Informatik

http://www.process-informatik.de/

The produkt is called: PC-MPI-S7-LINK. You can get libaries and a DDE-Server for W9x and NT.

In there download-area you will find a free demo, documentation and a pricelist.

For the connection to the S7 you will need a MPI-Cable to be connected to a RS-232 (COMx) at you PC. We are just starting to use the package
for MS-DOS for connecting to ten S7-400 to send our recipies, and reading back fault numbers and actual values.

They have different licence for "project" use (projects in our factory, about 500 Euro) or "Firmenlicence" (for programs you want to sell, about 2000 Euro). Source-Code is for some products also avaible.

I was talking to them about the transfer-rates. They are only moderate (about 19200 Data, because of the protocol-overhead of the MPI-Protocoll
and the max. speed of the MPI-cable with about 57000 Baud).

If you have more question feel free to contact me.

Helmut Meissner
[email protected]
Manager Software-Dep.
Schlosser-Pfeiffer GmbH

R

Ralph Mackiewicz

You are able to write a DDE server for $600.USD? This is a phenomenal level of productivity. Even if you need multiple copies (are there quantity discounts?) it seems that the engineering development effort, effort to find and/or reverse engineer the MPI protocol, do thorough bench and field testing, and undertake the long term support
and maintenance would greatly exceed this modest price. I suppose if you needed hundreds/thousands of them and the vendor would not give you a discount...is that the case?

> Can anyone tell me where I could possibly find some specifications
> or description of MPI protocol for S7 S300 ? Any suggestions how
> to solve the problem of communication between standard PC and S7
> S300 in any other way would be very appreciated.

I wish I could help but, unfortunately, the only methods I could ever hope to come up with would certainly have a price that far exceeds your apparent target.

Regards,
Ralph Mackiewicz
SISCO, Inc.

S

Sachin Singh

Why not try the applicom card all you need is the MPI cable from the PCI card to the s7 plc. The card comes with the DDE Server Protocol and it is relatively cheap..Try www.applicom.com..

Thanks
Sachin Singh

S

Sedat Atalay

I am also looking for MPI and AS511 protocol description for our own SCADA system. Could you please help me on this issue? Best regards, Sedat Atalay Robosistem

S

Sonny Vallgren

Please let me know if you receive information about MPI and AS511 Protocol Best regards, Sonny Vallgren