Delta V experience

A

Abi

I am working on getting a new batching system for our process that consists of four components and would like to set it up with the flexibility to add more components as time goes on and be able to control the programming. I know delta V is a good source but this will be the first time that I will be putting it together and nobody at my facility has experience with it. Can you give me any suggestions or any things to look out for on starting this project. Basically, does anyone have any experience with Delta V
Abi

Y

Y.K.JARIWALA

Hello Abi

We have commissioned DELTA V for batch application & perfomance is very good, but in-order to avoid future cost, you should procure Batch recipe Mangement software for first stage only.

If you require any further information, you can approach me.

Jari
[email protected]

A

Arnold Dillon

We have a couple of projects under our belt using Delta-V. All generally satisfactory, but no direct batch experience. As for what to look out for, the system hardware pricing is straightforward, but the software is broken into smaller pieces all the way down to the license count for specific I/O types. If your application is for a large system, then this licensing cost becomes less important because it is overshadowed by other aspects of the controls cost, and because the cost per point gets cheaper with the more points that you have.

If I can answer specific questions, contact me off of the list.

-Arnold Dillon
I.C. Thomasson Assoc.
615-346-3400

S

Scott Turner

I work for Emerson Process Management and I have done so for a number of years, I have experience in batch processes so if you have any questions feel free to email me at [email protected] and if i cant help you with your queries then i bet i know the person who can.
Cheers

Scott Turner

B

Blaise Polentes

Scott,

I head computer validation services for Integrated Project Services. We are getting involved with some Delta V automation controls validation jobs. We would like to have some in-house functionality to help prepare test scripts and train on the software. Do you know who I can speak with about this? My office is in Lafayette Hill, PA just outside of Philadelphia.

Best Regards,
Blaise Polentes
IPS
610-828-2866