DH+ DRIVER

B

BENT STRØM

We have written DF1 driver in C and want now to use this on DH+ with KTX card.
Can you help me with information how to communicate to KTX
AB is not very helpful.
BENT STRØM

J

Jerry Baucum

Bent,

To start off, DF1, PCCC or what ever A-B is calling it these days is the base command/response structure when communicating with A-B PLC/SLCs regardless of method used, so you have the majority of it.

A-B used to market a spec for 1784-KT/KTXD cards that gives interface specs to card. Now I believe they want to place severe limitations on the purchaser to assure non-competition with RS-Linx. We purchased this spec years ago, but only have it for ISA bus cards. Sorry but non-disclosure prevents me from being able to give details. Possibly could market a .lib to you if you want to use ISA cards. Send me email off list if interested.

As an alternative SST markets a 5136-SD card, which is every bit as good as the KTX on DH+, some might say better, and they are much more helpful in providing interface specification. ( www.mySST.com )

Jerry

Jerry Baucum
Bullet Software
3213 Peppertree Pl.
Plano, TX 75074, USA
TEL: (972) 633-9111
FAX: (972) 633-9112
EMAIL: [email protected]
WEB: http://www.bulletsw.com

Bent,
You need to order 1784-DP4.
It's the dualport interface specification for that card.
Documentation and example code.
Not quite as straightforward as a serial driver - you might be better off using RSLinx and its API.

Regards,
Dan Hazel
Rockwell Automation

J
Bent,
Consider trying an ActiveX control solution to talk with the KTX card.

SoftwareToolbox has one at www.ingearopc.com that does KT, KTX, KTXD, PCMK, Ethernet, Serial, etc.

John

John Weber
Software Engineer
Qualitrol International

R

Robert Nickel

SST was great for me when I was working on a Linux version of the driver for the 5136-SD. They went so far as to send me the source code for the loader executable.

Really good company to work with.

--Robert Nickel

G
> We have written DF1 driver in C and want now to use this on DH+ with KTX card.
> Can you help me with information how to communicate to KTX
> AB is not very helpful.

Bent, would contact me via [email protected]?
Thanks.
Gary Weage