DH485 - Windows to AB Basic Card

D

Derek

To transfer files to and from a Basic Card I have PBASE, which works OK but is a DOS bsaed. In Windows 2000 the OS grabs the Ports and even
though PBASE will run in a DOSSHELL the driver cannot get hold of COM1.
I would love to put together a little VB6 Application with a text editor of its own or link to Notepad, say, but I'm missing the DH485
Driver code that can send and receive data to the Basic Card.
Has anybody done this, or can they point me in the right direction please?
Another alternative is to link via RsLinx and a PIC Module. The Hardware communicates but I cannot get a data link. What about that?
Thank you.

A
if you can get hold of the DOS version of Xtalk. It can talk to this version or any version of DB card. You can use any text editor to write your code, or do it interactively. to down load the code, use the handshake to recognize the ">", to upload I just use the list all command.

G
If you are just trying to download files to the Basic card, why do it thru DH485?
With my application, I was downloading with normal RS-232 connection using the Hyperterminal program (comes with Windows).

[email protected]

Thanks for your comment GJunqueira. I did not make it clear because of the short message that both serial Ports are in use with barcode scanners making them unavailable for RS232 main programming ports.

Derek

S

Sanjay Patel

Dear Friend

I have worked on PLC 5 basic module and PBASE. My experience with this communicatin in nice. PBASe has certain limitaion which can not provide more facility which is required to write software to access the device with own protocol.

I have also workig on VB and I have successfully communicate with various PLC like, AB, Siemens, Koyo etc. with help of vb you can send and receive the data. to down laod file is not simple. It may possible that uploading and downloading has encription. If you interested please reply on my email.

Regards

Sanjay Patel

> I have worked on PLC 5 basic module and PBASE. My experience with this communicatin in nice. PBASe has certain limitaion which can not provide more facility which is required to write software to access the device with own <

I guess he just want to find a solution to use PBASE soft on windows. I'm in the same situation. anybody found something?