N CORE description
--------------------------------
D1731 T TCE1 loopback, solenoid ETD1/SOL1/MTSV
D1708 T TCE1 loopback relay,PTR1

D1731 S TCE1 loopback, solenoid ETD1/SOL1/MTSV
D1708 S TCE1 loopback relay,PTR1

D1731 R TCE1 loopback, solenoid ETD1/SOL1/MTSV
D1708 R TCE1 loopback relay,PTR1</pre>
and my colleagues suggests to change the trip card TCTG, i'm not sure that this card is the problem, what do you thing my friends!?

thanks in advance

Hello, causeur,

Are any logic signals forced in the Mark V when these Diagnostic Alarms are occurring?

When are these Diagnostic Alarms occurring? While running? When the turbine is shut down (at zero speed, or while on Cooldown (Hydraulic Ratchet; Slowroll; etc.)?

If the alarms are occurring when the turbine is running, what fuel is being burned? Is the turbine capable of burning more than one fuel (for example, liquid fuel (distillate; HSD (High Speed Diesel; Naphtha) AND natural gas or some other gaseous fuel)?

Do you know what device (solenoid) is connected to PTR1 (Primary Trip Relay 1) of the <P> core?

Since you say the Mark V has a TCTG card, it is presumed the turbine is a GE-design heavy duty gas turbine (Frame unit). If that's not correct, please tell us what kind of turbine is being controlled by the Mark V.

When these three alarms are all annunciated at the same time when a turbine is running it means that <R>, <S> and <T> ALL believe the device connected to Primary Trip Relay 1 of the <P> core is in the wrong condition for some reason. Usually, when the turbine is running and these alarms are all annunciated at the same time it means the device connected to PTR1 should be de-energized ("tripped").

Primary Trip Relays are the trip relays on the TCTG card that are driven by the sequencing (CSP--Control Sequence Program) in <R>, <S> and <T>. There are several sets of PTRs, and each set of PTRs contains a two-out-of-three relay "voting" scheme for <R>, <S> and <T> to allow the turbine to run--or if two of three processors think the turbine should be tripped, then the device (solenoid) connected to the PTR output will be de-energized.

Most dual-fuel GE-design heavy duty gas turbines have the gas fuel Stop-Ratio Valve solenoid, 20FG-1, connected to PTR1 of the <P> core. If the turbine was actually running on gas fuel, then it would be a "miracle" as to why if these three Diagnostic Alarms are all annunciated at the same time when the unit is running--presuming the turbine was capable of dual-fuel operation AND 20FG-1 is connected to PTR1.

If you provide the answers to the above questions, we may be able to provide more assistance.

Hope this helps!

Hello, causeur,

Is this a gas turbine or a steam turbine?
"ETD1" and "MTSV" look more like GE steam turbine nomenclature than GE gas turbine nomenclature.

hello CSA, and otised,

thanks for your replies, our turbine is an MS-5002 gas turbine, and there is no signal forced. these alarms occurs while running. and i'm checking for the device connected in PTR, and i will give its tag as soon as possible!

thank you.

causeur,

You can use the I/O Report (ASCII text file, F:\UNIT1\TC2KREPT.TXT), and look at the <P> core section to find the device connected to the PTR1 output.

You can also use the I/O Assignment file, F:\UNIT1\IO.ASG (also an ASCII text file) to search for PTR1 to determine what device is assigned to this output. (Just be sure not to make, or save, any changes when you exit the file.)

You did not mention what fuel(s) the MS 5002 turbine at your site burns, and what fuel is being burned when these Diagnostic Alarms are active.

Something else to ask is: Have you initiated a 'Master Reset' when the turbine is running and these alarms are active to see if the alarms will clear? (NOTE: Initiating a Master Reset when the turbine is running SHOULD NOT trip the turbine or disturb operation on a properly configured Mark V turbine control system.)

Looking forward to your response!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C General Communications Chat 0
M Safety 0
N Modbus 3
E Power Generation 0
A General Automation Chat 2