Digital Machine Control (DMC)

E

ed

Is there an upgrade for DMC software? I have a P4 laptop that cannot communicate with an old modicon plc. I have tried to slow the CPU, and have try FIFO, other functions.

Can anyone help who has experince integrating newer laptops with old plc's. This software is dos based and the company has since gone out of business. Anyone delt with Digital Machine Control (DMC) before. Thanks

No but..... I guess you have XP. Do you have a real serial port or only a USB/232 adaptor? Your DOS software will probably only address com1 or com2 and these things normally install as com 4. You can probably re-allocate it to com 1 or 2.
Do you have a built in modem? Disable it as DOS and sometimes windows software goes straight for the modem as the com port.
Have you tried running the software in Windows 98 compatability mode? I have managed to get a lot of software running this way eg GE Logicmaster 90.
Any further queries my e-mail is included.

[email protected]

Some of my DOS software also can not work in my notebook. I found some of the newer notebooks do not have the high memory above the 640K limit. Try using a old notebook as I did.

hope this helps

Sekar,
Singapore