Din Rail Mount outlet box

E
Hi Steven,

I've been looking for these for years with no luck.....The only one I've seen is made by Phoenix Contact, but it's just a plain-old duplex
receptacle, which I personally find pretty ugly. There are a variety of really nice looking DIN-rail mounted outlets available for European plugs,
but nothing for US style plugs. I sure wish someone like Murr Elektronik would offer one! On my panels, I still resort to using the standard 2"x 4" utility box with single receptacle and cover, with a Heyco bushing in the knockout....It's the best I've come up with so far! ;o(

Here's the only link I found to the Phoenix Contact unit. It's not in their catalog...

http://www.phoenixcon.com/info/pressreleases/utiloutl.shtml

Let me know if you come across a better one!

- Eric Nelson
[email protected]
Controls/Software
Packaging Associates Automation Inc. [email protected]
Rockaway, NJ, USA

G

Glass, Philip

Try:

www.em-duo.com

Phoenix Contact sells this item but you have to do some searching to find it.
It's not pretty but it will suffice.

Philip L. Glass
Brown and Caldwell

P

Phillip Costantinou

acme electric has one that looks nice
www.acmepowerdist.com but i couldn't find it
on their web site; it is in their catalog, called
a dr5262i is 15A, and the drg5262i is a 15A GFI
acme, 800-334-5214

I know that Pheonix Contact and Weidmuller make them.
BTW: I found using a standard metal outlet box mounted directly to the panel was less expensive and more robust.

E

Eric M. Klintworth

Yes! (after years of waiting):
Acme Electric DR5261I (other part numbers have GFCI recp); not on their web site or:
Phoenix Contact EM-DUO "Convenience Power Outlet" series (several part numbers), <http://www.em-duo.com>. Phoenix contact has a little broader
selection of receptacle types.

These products are essentially identical; I've used both--I standardized on the one my local distributor stocks. They consist of a Hubbell
Walltrac single gang surface mount box with a Phoenix contact DIN rail mount on the back, a three pole terminal block on the bottom, and a
receptacle inside. Price (for non-GFCI type) is just under $30.

Eric M. Klintworth, PE
Sharp Technologies, Inc.
Columbus, Ohio