Does GE MK VI require a Bently Nevada Rack?

N

niioks

We just bought a GE Frame 9E with MK VI Controls. We have Bently radial and axial sensors on all bearings of both turbine and generator. However, no BN rack (eg. 3500XL) was supplied in the PEECC. I know the Bently sensors are purely for indication and may be interfaced through the MK VI. In the case of turbine vibration where vibration analysis and balancing may be needed, can the MK VI provide a suitable interface for portable diagnostic equipment such as ADRE??? Or can the analysis be performed using only MK VI thus rendering the BN rack redundant??

(Ahem) GE now owns Bently-Nevada. The Mark VI is capable of interfacing directly with proximity probes, and the Mk VI terminal boards usually have BNC connectors for buffered outputs for use with ADRE equipment. (See your Mk VI System Guide, GEH-6421 for more information.)

There's a rumor that some CIMPLICITY displays can be made to work with the Mk VI inputs to do phase relationships and vibration analysis, but I've never seen them myself but have heard of a couple of sites which claim to be able to use the GE Mark VI HMI to do almost everything one can do with a 3500 rack and B-N software. But, a lot of people claim a lot of things. It's not known if GE sells this as an option, or if it's really available. (Sometimes GE doesn't even know what GE sells, if you know what I mean. ;-) !)

N
On site we have a Mark VI for a frame 9FA gas turbine of GE. Mark VI VVIB cards read directly proximity (distance) and seismic (velocity) sensors. There are also pages on CIMPLICITY that implement trend analysis with phase shifting. Also the Mark VI VVIB cards have BNC connectors and plugs that can be connected to Bently nevada Racks and have the full analysis , spectrum analysis, vectors, phases , .... even troubleshooting.