Dual Float Control Switch

I am building a pump system that has a receiving tank and chilled tank. The receiving tank will have a pump attached to it to pump into the chiller tank, however, the pump cannot lose prime or run dry, so I have decided to use a dual float switch to ensure that the fluid level always maintains a minimum. The pump will turn on once the top float rises up and the pump will shut off once the bottom float drops.
The float switch is this unit:
1625578497928.png
Switch ratings:
Max Switching Voltage : DC110V; Max Switching Power : 10W

The wires on the pump are probably 22AWG or 24AWG, very thin and will not work well with the 220V magnetic starter that I intend to use. So, I have acquired a 24VAC transformer along with a new/old stock Furnas magnetic starter that has a 24VAC coil. My intention was to wire the switch with 24VAC in a typical 3-wire Start/Stop control, but upon doing basic Ohm's law calculations, I still will probably be over in wattage for the reed switches inside of the floats. Any thoughts or advice as how to execute this control?

1. Use different float switches - there are plenty on the market with high rating microswitch.
2. Employ a cheap small PLC which will give flexibility on float switch and v/f (volt free) output for motor starter.

Option 2: Thinking of the Siemens Logo ! which has a good instruction set, easy to program on cheap software and has a real time clock which may be useful.