E-Bay Categories?

M

Mark

HI all,

I would like feedback on where you look when you are purchasing control systems (A/D - Digital I/O, Racks,VMEbus, etc..)on E-bay? This may seem like an obvious question, but I just lost my tail on a load of G-10 laminate because I didn't pick the active category.
Thanks
Mark
[email protected]

T
Hi Mark.
First, be very careful when purchasing electronic equipment on E-Bay. That said, if you're careful and willing to take a little risk, you can find some good deals. Categorizing is not done by Ebay, but by the seller, and some sellers put items in unrelated categories just to increase exposure to the impulse buyers. You need to have a good idea of what you are looking for already. For example a search on "Allen Bradley" or "Modicon" will yield a huge list of items for sale.

I should be clearer about my problem. In this case, I am selling a substantial system and I was asking where the users of the list looked first when desiring to purchase. I understand the reasoning behind the list's policy to stay away from trade. I have run into it on other lists and it usually gets absurd, or at least, very rude. I have no problem with that. I just don't want to take a bath again out of ignorance on where to sale the stuff. Maybe, since the list dosen't support sales, we could come up with a standard for categories to use. Much as I like to sit for hours and look at all of the goodies that I might play with, I find that is not the best use of my time and the loss of billable hours is not always offset by the deals that I find.

Thanks
Mark
[email protected]

B
Mark wrote:
>I should be clearer about my problem. In this case, I am selling a
>substantial system and I was asking where the users of the list looked
>first when desiring to purchase.

I just search for keywords on EBay. I have never used catagories.

Bill