EExe certified junction box

P

PC

I have a junction box certified EExe and located at a Zone 1 (Div 1) hazardous ares. I need to know if it is possible to drill cable entries on the junction box.

If there is a gland plate, is it OK to drill or if drilled will the box need recertification?

Thank you for your help.

yeah sure, u can do that but, make sure no top entries on J/box site and bottom will do.

don't for get to used your EExe type Cable gland..

clear all the sharp edges and no additional certification are needed.

Why no top entry? If you are referring to ingress of water, this can also happen if using side entry when fitting shrouds over the glands as they can trap the water.

Tom Chubb
JCK Automation

tom [at] jck-automation.com
http://www.jck-automation.com

Good Question Mr. Tom...

Its all depend on what type of glad they use. For ex. we can use IP66 Halwke or CMP. if they use CMP, the the protection seal are very hard. but if they used Halwke its is depend on Electrician.

You know y i said this b'cos, the protection seal for Halwke gland are very soft and easy to torn. this is the reason why In Oil And Gas We are not advise for top entries. as u said if we are referring to ingress of water, this can also happen if using side entry when fitting shrouds over the glands as they can trap the water.

Yeah, you are right... but top entries are much more easier than side or bottom. the dropping of water is downward so,if the protection seal are damage, water can easily penetrate if top entries..

Thanks..