Effect of steam parameters

How in a 210 mw thermal plant steam inlet parameters to turbine which are generally maintained at 540 deg and 150 ksc changes the plant efficiency if we maintain the steam parameters at 140 ksc and 525 deg

I can not predict what will be your power output but it will lower

by reducing pressure and temperature of steam you reduce it's enthalpy

you can find molier diagram or steam table on internet, that will indicate you the amount of enthalpy your steam has.

then for turbine the simple formula is:

work = mass flow * specific heat of the fluid * (enthalpy difference between input and output)

My bad. Correct formula is
q=m*deltaH

In addition, plants are designed to have best efficiency at full load.
Even if you burn less fuel by reducing steam temp and pressure, it's like running at partial load, and therefore, the efficiency will decrease.

Due to some metllurgical conditions exists in our 210 MW boiler, we need to limit the reheater metal temp. Went thru repeated tube leaks in the reheater zome.We have tower type boiler. How to overcome this....?

Hello,

i'm afraid there is no solution,

are you sure the max temp is the root cause of the tube leaks?

i work in a thermal plant too, and when leakage occurs, for us is mainly weld between tube and main feeder that breaks
The cause is the thermal stress when operator swing load too fast or from minimal liad to full load.
Since, we have limited the load rate to 10MW/min, and welding break problem has decrease (it was happening like 2 or 3 time per year, and since the limitation only 1 time in two years)

One thing to consider when changing steam conditions at the turbine inlet is the wilson line curve- at high rates with cool steam you may risk early condensation and blade erosion in the LP section of the turbine.