eL-PLC embedded Linux PLC

C

Curt Wuollet

(Forwarded)
To: "Curt Wuollet" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: eL-PLC
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 15:52:57 -0400

Hello Curt,

I am very busy responding to e-mail at the moment but I will try to fill you in as best I can. Yes a Linux base PLC was developed over a year ago. This project remained unannounced until the main objective for creating this controller had been achieved. TABO Software Inc. develops automation
for a small segment of the market place.

The eL-PLC is a controller with embedded Linux that plugs into the DL305/GE Fanuc series 1 PLC base. The micro controller module is a uC68EZ328
CPU with embedded QVGA 10BaseT Ethernet, RS232, 8MB DRAM,2MB Flash ROM & Real Time Clock. The Operating system is a Port of Linux for deeply embedded devices uClinux.

The system enables the developer to effect configuration information from a central server , Linux hopefully, as well as implement a TinyWeb
Server for direct control via the internet, ie. Status/Error etc.

TABO Software Inc. released this controller to enhance the efforts at work in the linuxplc.org . I felt that this controller would help to focus
the efforts of what I understand to be 2 camps. I am in strong support of a virtualized PLC technology and hope that this controller will enhance the current trend of at least 1 camp.

The DL305 PLC bases and I/O cards are available around the world at very reasonable rates.

I'm more on the technical side and not the best sales man. So I hope this information helps.

If you have specific questions I can answer please feel free to ask. The eL-PLC(TM) controller will be an open system. Libraries for I/O control will be provided along with KERNEL source to build the system into what ever the developer can imagine. I want the system to be as open to new concepts as possible. Any comments are appreciated.

Rob Peter
TABO Software Inc.
[email protected]

-----Original Message-----
To: [email protected] <[email protected]>
Date: Tuesday, May 16, 2000 9:28 PM
Subject: elplc

>Hi Rob
>
>Your email was a bit cryptic Are you saying a Linux plc already exists?
>I _would_ be interested in that .

Hi,

I look forward to seeing the code. The wording below suggests that the code won't be GPL, but a limited license instead. When I tried to look
up the web pages they seemed to be affiliated with NBC (?), but the web stuff was password protected!

Note to the authors: If the code is going to be open, why not let us have a look at the rough source code now?

In anticipation..........

Hugh

>will be provided along with KERNEL source to build the system into what ever the developer can imagine. I want the system to be as open to new concepts as possible. Any comments are appreciated. <