Embedded system

B

Bhargav purohit

How to download program to 8051 microcontroller ? Is it possible to download using rs232? Is any external devices required to download ?
Pls give more information about this . Thank you.

There are many many variants of 8051 compatible microcontrollers. Please refer to the specific datasheet that came with your chip.

KEJR

I bought this from local electronic shop. So there is no any datasheet came with. . .
So pls suggest me the easy way . . .

> There are many many variants of 8051 compatible microcontrollers. Please
> refer to the specific datasheet that came with your chip.

C

curt wuollet

Even with the data, I don't think I would consider any of the ways easy. Unless it has some sort of BASIC or other language built-in you will be writing machine language to EPROM or EEPROM or perhaps flash in latter days. You will need a cross compiler or other toolchain. Best case would be to find out who made the card and see of they have a development system or if you need to write to the bare metal. But without knowing the particulars, no one can tell you how to proceed.

Regards
cww

First i want to tell you i'm beginner with embedded system. I heard about CAN compiler. . . But i don't know how to use it. I'm searching about this. . . If anybody knows pls give your guidance.

H

Heinz-Joergen Oertel

> First i want to tell you i'm beginner with embedded system. I
> heard about CAN compiler

I never heard anything about such a thing like a "CAN compiler". Are you talking about CAN - the Controller Area Network? May be http://www.can-cia.org can provide the answer.

--
with best regards / mit freundlichen Grüßen

Heinz-Jürgen Oertel

Z

Zacharia, Tomy

Dear Bhargav,
Just have a look at all the chips on the board. Note them down and share with us. In addition look for any information stenciled on the PCB.

Regards,
Tomy Zacharia