Emergency Mushroom Switch

T

Tuan Nghiem

I am looking for a shroud / protective ring to install with my emergency mushroom buttons. I had several accidents that shut down the vacuum chamber last week when people bumped into these switches. Please let me know where I could buy this kind of device. Thanks.

If it is an AB P.B they make protective rings for the buttons. They can be found in the AB industrial controls cat.

First, identify the manufacturer of your switch. Every manufacturer has an accessory for thier mushroom e-stops to prevent just what happened.

Then identify the part number and contact your local electrical distributor to order.

Shouldnt Emegency stops be easy to get to and easy to turn off. I dont think you should put anything to protect this because, after you do it wouldnt be considered an emergency Stop switch then

G

George Graziano

You don't specify the Brand and model number of your switch, but most every company that supply switches should have stock Mushroom head shields. Allen Bradley does, SquareD does, etc.
George

G

George Graziano

>Shouldnt Emergency stops be easy to get to and easy to turn off. I dont think you should put anything to protect this because, after you do it wouldnt be considered an emergency Stop switch then<

Boy have we had this conversation before. We had one Engineer who said he wouldn't put them on and within a week of the line running and already 4 accidents, one by a broom handle of another engineer, was ordered to install them. With the shields we put on they are still very easy to hit if need be, but just walking by and hitting them with your body at least won't set them off.
George