"EN 10204 MATERIAL VERIFICATION" for safety valves

Good afternoon, everybody.
I'm involved in an Oil&Gas project as I&C engineer and I'm buying safety valves for the plant.
The Client specification asked for EN 10204 TYPE 3.2 CERTIFICATES and the supplier quoted EN 10204 TYPE 3.2 CERTIFICATES as well as INTENT OF EN 10204 TYPE 3.2 CERTIFICATES, as I didn't properly understand the difference between the first and the latter, could anybody help me to figure out the difference?