Eplan P8 vs Solidwork Electrical

R

raph_rf

From schematic to layout/reports/printing markers? which is the best? Eplan P8 vs Solidwork Electrical?

> From schematic to layout/reports/printing markers? which is the best? Eplan P8 vs Solidwork Electrical?

We use Eplan here at work. I can't think of anyone who likes working with it.

So you don't like it? why? what is the other solution? Did you try a another software who you think it is better?

>We use Eplan here at work. I can't think of anyone who likes
>working with it.

> So you don't like it? why? what is the other solution? Did
> you try a another software who you think it is better?

Back then it was buggy as heck (~2008), the symbols didn't look anything like the ones that we had been using (when you had symbols), it was slow (compared to AutoCAD, which in fairness, only had to deal with the drawing that open at the time rather than the entire set).

And this is coming from someone who's no fan of AutoCAD either (I can do pretty much everything that I need to do with a $60 version of QCAD).

And I have yet to see any real advantage of treating the entire drawing set as one entity.

And as it seems to be the norm with Germanic-based software, they tend to be rather non-intuitive when it comes to the UI (I'm looking at you Siemens, Pactware, Turck...).

Who knows?, maybe they've fixed things since then.

And keep in mind that this is from the perspective of an "end user" who really only needs to make the occasional update to an existing set of drawings. I don't need the BOM to magically update itself. Who cares?

And since it's so darned expensive, I can't get the site to provide me with a seat. So now I have drawing sets that I can't update.

Since I've never used SolidWorks, I can't compare EPlan to it. This is just my experiences concerning EPlan.