Equivalent Circuit of Induction Motor

R

Rajasekhar

What will be the equivalent circuit for the INDUCTION MOTOR while running from VFD:

1.At starting

2.During running.

Responding to Rajasekhar's Jan 07, 1:16pm query... presuming you want to determine the starting and running currents, do the following:

1) The circuit model for the starting and running cases are the same as the fundamental frequency case. So, set-up the circuit in EXCEL.

2) Perform a harmonic analysis on the actual applied voltage to determine the amplitude and frequency of each voltage harmonic for the starting and running cases.

3) Determine the respective current input for each voltage
amplitude/frequency harmonic, by applying those voltage
amplitude/frequency values to the equivalent circuit for two cases:

a) The starting slip case (s=1.0), and,
b) The running slip case (s=rated).

4) Finally, take the square-root of the sum of respective
currents-squared for each harmonic amplitude/frequency.

Regards,
Phil Corso, PE {Boca Raton, FL, USA}
[[email protected]] ([email protected])

S

Souvik Das Gupta , BEE( Control System)

Hello,
Actually the equivalent circuit we use for an induction machine is a static equivalent circuit. This will not be effective in any dynamic condition like starting of the machine. For that you have to take help of "KRON's Generalised Machine" Theory. YOU can find the theory in the book "Electric Motor Drives" by "K. Krishnan".
If you find the book , it is good. Otherwise mail me I will give you one PDF for this.

With regards,
Souvik

C
Hello, I am looking for how to use excel spreadsheet to predict Induction motor behaviour like torque-speed characteristics and efficiency-slip characteristics and I am so lost. Can you help put me in a proper direction or recommend a book that can help me?

Regards,
Caroline