error in a 171 CCS 760 00 module

E

Elias

I`ve been having problems with a TSX Momentum PLC (171 CCS 760 00 module) for about a month and can`t find a solution for it.

It happens that the PLC gives a stop condition in the word 5, bit 14 (logic cheksum), of the STAT table, after some weeks of correct running. What I do is disconnect the power source and then restablish it, but sometimes works and others it doesn`t. So, I download again the program to clear the whole memory, and then the PLC runs again properly.

The problem I have is that I don`t know what kind of action should I take and what it means exactly that message.

This module reads 4 analog inputs from another module 170 AAI 030 00 and soemtimes is being accessed by a little SCADA i made to see the condition of the different registers. However, the stop condition occurs when the PLC is uncommunicated with the PC.

Please, if anyone knows something about this, answer this post. I`d be very thankful.

Elias Fliger

Try to upgrade to the latest executive. Make sure, that Flash contains the latest application. Flash will copy its content into the ram on boot-up process. If there is still issue, replace the CPU.

Just an idle thought, but what type of communicaiton base is the processor mounted on? I vaguely recall there are options with a real time clock, and a Lithium cell for SRAM memory backup. It doesn't apply in my case (I don't
use the battery-backed memory; everything is in FLASH), but maybe the battery is on it's way out, or perhaps the connections between processor and comm module are oxidizing a bit.