Error installing Vijeo Designer 4.6.0

S

SSargo

When I try to install Vijeo Designer 4.6.0 I get an error message:

Setup has experienced an error.
Please do the following:
-Close any running programs
-Empty you temporary folder
-Check your Internet Connection (Internet-based Setups)
Then try to run the Setup again
Error Code: -6001

What is the reason? My temporary folder is empty, other programs are not running, Setup is not internet-based. What is the error -6001?

T
Error 6001 occurs at installation of Vijeo Designer v4.6 if there are old installations DLL that are not up-to-date.

Delete or move all files from this directory:
C:\\Program Files\\Common files\InstallShield\Professional\RunTime

Then start installation.

If you have the previous ver. installed, please remove it first from settings, or just to upgrade your DLL files in the program help>about>upgrade

P

prabhu abraham

First of all you have to change your installshield. For that purpose you should do the following things,
1) c\:programefiles\:common files\:installshield

You have to rename the installshield to some other name such as vijeo or something like that. In that way you can continue the install procedure.

If you try to install Vijeo Designer in a computer HP, try to uninstall the software "HP Help & Support Center (HSC)"

It's maybe the solution...

Thanks! Again, I am amazed when I get this kind of problem...! Schneider is not a small company, how come the installation process of this product (VIJEO) is so weak. The first thing you do when you generate an "inatall package" is to make sure it is the most "autonomous" as possible. Which is obviously not the case here ... :)

C

Colm Heneghan

This works perfect for me. Dont understand why this happens. Shouldnt Telemecanique/Schneider Electric sort this out??? Im going to contact their sales rep about this. If it wasnt for these forums we would be lost.