Error when downloading Quantum 140 CPU 434 12A

P

Peter Davis

When I'm trying to download Quantum 140 CPU 434 12A the message 'Memory Protect is ON. Download not possible.' appears. I think there is an error in Quantum security Parameters. I can't change these settings because it requires downloading but download causes error message. Does anybody know an alternate way to change these settings? How can I get over this problem?

Thanks

What is the position of the keyswitch?? It has three positions (Stop -- Mem Prt -- Start). From the error message that you are getting it appears to be set to Memory Protect (Mem Prt).

M

MindaugasTerleckis

Check the memory protection swith "mem prt" on the controller front panel. It must be in position "off".

The 140 434 12A CPU has a memory protect switch that looks like a key on the front of the processor. The switch must be in the run mode to download and not memory protect.

A

Andy Burgess

This message means that the processor has the memory protect keyswitch set at protect and indicated by the orange memory indicator on the module. Turn the keyswitch to off and it should work. I've experienced a few processors with a dodgy keyswitch, if this is the case you'll need to return the module to Schneider Service.

There is a "MEMORY PROTECT" switch in the PLC that you need to put in the "OFF" position before you can download.

F

Fernando Capelari

Did you check the position of the 3 position key in front of the CPU?

If the key is in the position "Memory Protect" (middle) you won't be able to download a project. This is a security feature.

If so, I suggest you to change to the RUN position (top).
Be careful: sometimes the authorized person puts out the key from the CPU to avoid any mistake from an unauthorized person. In that case you have to find the key before...

B

Bradley Hite

Hello Peter,

OK. This might be a dumb question but...

What position is the key switch in???

On the Quantum 434 processor there is a key switch. The middle position of the key switch is "Memory Protect". There is also an LED on the front of the processor that will say "MEM PRT" if the key switch is in the "Memory Protect" position.

Later,
Bradley G. Hite
Intertech Inc
mailto:[email protected]
Teaching Practical Skills for a Technological World

First the very obvious...

The keyswitch on the CPU isn't in the "mem prt" (Memory Protect) position, is it? If so, this is normal operation. It can prevent someone without a key from downloading.