Evolution of buses for Yokogawa DCS

• Thread starter Mihir Ramkrishna
  • Start date
M

Mihir Ramkrishna

We are in the process of preparing a training module on YOKOGAWA DCS. In our complex we have the three generations of Yokogawa DCS. Centum XL, Centum CS and Centum CS 3000 (V net over IP). What was the need of developing a system with 2 networks (V net and E net) for Centum CS and some variant of CS-3000?

Centum XL had HF bus & V net over IP has only V net. What was a need to develop Centum CS with 2 buses E net and V net?

A detailed answer will go a long way to give value addition to your training module.

If you are really developing a training module for a Yokogawa DCS, why are you asking your question here?

If you really want to know the answer, you should be asking your local Yokogawa field office.

They can give you the accurate answer, which will probably be something about working toward using open bus technologies because they are more robust and they are now available. But I don't speak for Yokogawa.

Ask them. And then come back and tell us what they said. We're all interested to hear.

Walt Boyes
Editor in Chief
Control and Controlglobal.com
www.controlglobal.com
Mailto:[email protected]
Read my blog SoundOFF!! At www.controlglobal.com/soundoff

M

Mihir Ramkrishna

Thank you very much for your KIND WORDS of advice. Though you may not be representing YOKOGAWA, you have already answered my question. I thought this forum was meant to share some personal views and experiences. I never knew that an individual had rights to represent the entire control.com fraternity...

What?? Walt's response is perfectly correct, if you need advise or content for a DCS training course then the blindingly obvious resource is the DCS Vendor!

Dear Mr. Ramkrishna,

No individual has the right to represent the entire control.com fraternity. I certainly do not, and do not pretend to do so.

People often write to this forum asking questions that are better asked of the vendors themselves. This has been going on for over 10 years, since the forum was founded.

I suggested that your question was better asked of the vendor, since if you are developing a training module for your company, you should have the most accurate information in it as is possible.

The place to get that information is from the vendor.

Any other answer would not be complete, or accurate, or clear.

What often happens when people ask these kinds of questions, is that it inadvertently opens up the chance for people to post damaging and often untrue statements about a vendor they dislike. This isn't productive, and isn't constructive. I often remind posters that if they want their issue handled, they should first approach the vendor, and then let us know what the result was.

Best,

Walt Boyes
Editor in Chief
Control and Controlglobal.com
www.controlglobal.com
Mailto:[email protected]
Read my blog SoundOFF!! At www.controlglobal.com/soundoff