excel uniformance

P

purush

I am trying to get data from honeywell uniformance via MS excel 2003 version. I can get data all right but when i try to enter more than 26 tags , it doesnt work. The message from unformance add in is that "character length(~= 820)too long ,reduce the tag list". The tags are listed columnwise.

After i reduce the tags to be queried, i get the data.
Can some one help me on this please.

Regards
Purush

This may not be applicable to your problem, but if you refer to a list of cells rather than a range of cells, it will limit the number of columns that can be returned.

For example, =PHDGetData("server", Sheet1!$A$4:$BV$4,... should return about 72 data columns.

If you list the cells indiviudally, the character length becomes an issue, =PHDGetData("server", Sheet1!$A$4,Sheet1!$B$4,Sheet1!$C$4,Sheet1!$D$4,Sheet1!$E$4,Sheet1!$F$4,Sheet1!$G$4,Sheet1!$H$4,Sheet1!$I$4,Sheet1!$J$4,Sheet1!$K$4,Sheet1!$L$4,Sheet1!$M$4,Sheet1!$N$4,Sheet1!$O$4,Sheet1!... will eventually exceed the character limit.

When selecting the cells, pick the first one, hold down the shift key and select the last one rather than Ctrl and select each cell.