EXPORT OF TAGS FROM RSVIEW32 FOR AB PLC TO ODBC

M

Mihir Ramkrishna

We have configured some tags of SLC500 AB PLC in our system. We would like to export them to any ODBC like MS ACCESS or MS EXCEL. Can anybody explain the procedure with an example.?

Whenever u will create a project of RSView it will create a DSN with the project name. U can easily import ur tagdatabase using this DSN to MSAccess. To get the tags in MS Access, create one new database and import data into this database (File -> Get External Data -> Import). It will pop up import dialog box for u and in that u select the "ODBC DATABASES" and it will display the list of DSNs available on ur system.

From that u select the DSN of ur RSView 32 project and u will get all the details in ur MSACCESS database. I hope above will help u. If u have still any questions then u r free to ask.

C

Cristian Gliga

Hello!
I do not have an example but I can explain the procedure. Basically you have to use the VBA feature of RSView32. Through VBA you can connect to Excel or Word and transfer the tag values.

Hope this helps.

Cristian Gliga - Systems Integrator

Hi!
To do this job, you have to know VBA.

About the example:
Are you using Rsview 32?
You can go to the sample in the installation disk to view it in the VBA code.

Hope this can help.

P

paul a valoret

Have you used the 'RSView32 Tools':'DataBase Import & Export Wizard'? It should be loaded as an external RSView32 extenion or tool. Once launched you will be able to export your RSView32 db to a *.csv which in turn can be utilized by EXCEL, Access...