Exporting Tag information From MonitorPro V7.2

K

Kiran Pinni

Hi,

We are upgrading a SCADA system from Monitor Pro to Citect.

I like to export tag information from Monitor Pro V7.2 to an Excel sheet per se. After much struggle I found I can open the file "ioxlatet.cdb" using Excel and read the tag information. Is this the only way to export tags?

I heard in previous versions of Monitor Pro, there was an export function that will export all the configuration to ".exp" files, and these files can be opened using notepad or Excel, etc.

And also please let me know how to export Trends and alarm information from Monitor Pro?

By the way, I never worked on Monitor Pro. It's all LATIN to me...

Thanks in advance for your help.

kiran

G

Gustavo A. Valero P.

Kiran,

I think you should begin here:

http://www1.control.com/1026203946/index_html#1026204176

Here, you can find the 2 ways you want.

Regarding Trends and alarm information (I suppose you meant about Historical Data), Monitor Pro doesn't have a proprietary file/database for it (Thanks god!), instead, it uses dBase IV, SQL Server, Oracle, Informix, Sybase, etc to log this kind of data. Depending on which DB was used by original developer you will have to find by yourself.

The file 'odbhist.asc' of your MP app can give some detalis about this if your app is using ODBC, the file 'db4hist.asc' or 'db4hist.cdb' can help you if the app uses dBase IV files instead.

Best regards.

Saludos.

Gustavo A. Valero P.
BIConsulting C.A.
Valencia - Venezuela
[email protected]

Hi Gustavo,
Thanks alot.

Sure you gave me an idea on where to look for configuration in factory link.

Regards
Kiran.

T

Tony R. Gunderman

Kiran,

I am not sure if MonitorPro versions line up exactly with FactoryLink versions, but in FactoryLink 7.2 you can still open the application with the old FactoryLink Configuration Manager and use the export tool you referenced. The Configuration Manager executable is flcm.exe. On my machine it is under the path

C:\Program Files\Tecnomatix\FactoryLink\Server\BIN

Import/Export is under the Utilities menu item. Export will create the .exp files.

Tony R. Gunderman, PE, CAP
FutureFuel Chemical Company