exporting trend data from WinCC

D

Dilip

I have WinCC V6.0 HMI for process control. My application generates trends using Trend control function in WinCC. I need to export these trend data to Microsoft Excel. How can I do that? I have read in WinCC Help that it can be done using OPC, but could not get it. Can somebody explain it, please?

K
Hi, It can be done but you will have to write a scripts to:

1) send the tagname start/end time etc. to excel
2) get excel to read the tag logging database and populate the cells etc.

Kevin

Hi,

the much easiest way exporting trend & alarm data out of the WinCC-System into other applicatons like Excel is using the powerful SIEMENS-Add-on Tool "PMOpenExport", which also allows exporting data automatically (daily, weekly, monthly) e.g. for report issues. See this link, for further information:

http://www.automation.siemens.com/h...are/wincc_addons/wcc_addon_pm_open_export.htm

Unfortunately it's not a free- or shareware:(

Greetings from Germany,
Marco

G

Gustavo A. Valero P.

Well, here there is another way to do it but doing at Excel side.

1) Create and set up an ODBC Data Source Name and point to your MS SQL Server database
2) Open a Spreadsheet
3) Go to Sub-Menu "Data/Import External Data/New Database Query"
4) Select your ODBC DNS (you just created in step #1).
5) Put the User/password associated to your DB and wait untill the connection is done.
6) Later, the Microsoft Query Wizard will appear showing the options and/or columns available.
7) Follow the steps until you have your data in spreadsheet.

Maybe it isn't a direct way to retrieve your data from WinCC but is a free and valid option to do it no matter if your database is MS SQL Server, Oracle, Sybase, dBase IV, etc.

Best regards.

Saludos desde Venezuela.
Gustavo A. Valero P.