Factorylink - webclient and dblog

D

Diane E

I am running FactoryLink 7.0 with webclients, (graph command, not active X control) on Windows 2K PCs. I am logging to an Oracle database using the native Oracle historian with database logger. When no webclients are connected, everything logs beautifully. However, when I connect a client, it is completely wrong. Logging happens, but too frequently (twice!) with incorrect data.

Some background - the application is constantly collecting data from an A/B PLC, manipulates this data using several Math and Logic procedures, writes it to the database, and repeats. There is no operator interaction with this particular process and nothing to display what's going on... it's completely in the background.

I thought that all the processing (i.e., dblog) occurred at the server, so I'm confused why it seems like the client is interfering. Any ideas?? Thanks in advance.

W

WebclientWorksFine

Your configuration is extremely common and works fine at many sites. There must be something amiss in the application.

The most likely cause for the problem is that some SHARED domain trigger tags are being inappropriately set from the user domain. It might not be too obvious which one(s) it is, as the user domain might be triggering a shared or user domain M&L procedure that writes to tags that trigger the logging.