FAL Instruction In Logix 5000

S

Shree

Hi All,

I want to reset an array of timer (Timer_1[0], length 10) with a single rung in Logix 5000. I tried to use FAL but it is not accepting timer at destination. I used FAL in PLC5 and it works fine. I can reset n number of Timer and Counter with FAL. How can I do the same with Logix 5000. Below is my FAL details.
Control - Test
Length - 10
Position - 0
Mode - ALL
Dest - Timer_1[0]

Expression 0

Hope some have a solution.

Regards,
Shree

J

James Ingraham

I could be missing something, but I don't see a way to do this. There are few different things you could try though.

1) You could use an FLL, but that will 0 out everything, including the preset, which is probably not what you want.

2) You could have an array of "dummy" timers of the same length, with the presets set how you want them. Then use a COP (or CPS) from the dummy array to the real array. This has the unfortunate side effect that if someone wants to change a timer / counter preset, they have to remember to change it in the dummy array, NOT the real array, since it's going to get overwritten.

3) You can create an Add-On Instruction (AOI) to do it. For better or worse, you can't use FOR instructions in a ladder AOI, although you can use JMP and LBL to make it happen. It looks a lot nicer in Structured Text. The AOI also has a downside that if you change the number of elements in your array you also have to remember to change your AOI.

Sorry that there's no elegant way to do this. I hope those options help.

-James Ingraham
Sage Automation, Inc.