Fanuc Robot to Modicon PLC

R

Rich Weekly

I have a project that I need to connect some Fanuc robots to some Modicon PLC's, My problem is that the Fanuc Robots only have the option to speak Devicenet Protocol. Prosoft makes an Modbus + card for an AB PLC. What I need is a Devicenet card for a Modicon PLC or some other solution. Anybody got any ideas?

Rich Weekly :) , Application Engineer
Barr-Thorp Electric
4305 S. 94th Street
Omaha, NE 68127
[email protected] (402)-331-3312

N
Perhaps you can program you communication requests into an Modicon Basic Module and then use an ASCII to DeviceNet converter to send it to the robot. I can't help you with the Modicon basic module, but I do know of a source for the ASCII to DeviceNet protocol converter.

Nick Pirog
CPU Automation, Inc.
Voice: 978.692.5404
Fax: 978.692.8844
email: [email protected]
web: www.cpuauto.com

R

Rob Faragher

Look at the momentum products - I think you can get them with various fieldbus interfaces. See if you can use them as a gatreway.

F

Fabio Mielli

Modicon TSX Quantum has one partner that has one DeviceNet I/O scanner, See the site: www.schneideralliances.com (the company is called AVG).
But be carefull because this module doesn't have explicit messaging function (its only I/O scanner, the data must be available inside simple words (without explicit function)

Sometimes you have to use one gateway from SS Technologies (Modbus Plus x DeviceNet)

You can find SS inside the alliances site .

Fabio
Schneider Brazil