Fiber Optic Cable

C

C.K.Visavadiya

Can I use fiber optic cable of 5 tube of 4 fibers total 20 fibers,In place of fiber optic cable of 6 tube of 6 fibers total 36 fibers? Give me explanation please.

You mean 20 channels and 36 channels... with the advancement of different laser technology you can use multicolor laser to send the same amount of information with fewer channels. It also depends upon the mode of transmission, bandwidth available... e.g. multimode bandwidth is limited by the cladding index... to avoid overlapping and lose of data.

C

C.K.Visavadiya

Thank you very much for your appropriate answer. Can you send me link for understanding the fiber optic technology?

T

Tomy Zacharia

Even though data channels are often referred to, as fat and thin pipes, it is not entirely accurate. What is the traffic on the OFC? Is it ATM, STM(n), SONET, En, Jn, Tn, Ethernet or one of the completely unknown ones? What is the electronic equipment at both ends. What is the type of optic fibre? Once you have an answer to all the above questions and some more, somebody should be in a position to give an answer.

regards,

Tomy Zacharia

M
Once you have defined what types of communications you have going over your fiber, you should be able to find an appropriate fiber multiplexer which could be used to "condense" the amount of fiber required to maintain your communications links.