Fire Protection Control Module

I

icengineerpak

Dear All,

I am currently commissioning Fire Fighting/Protection System for GE Gas Turbine. The fire Fighting Control Panel is Provided by Tyco.
The Problem arises after cold loop check complete. When Panel is energized, The Control Module No. <b>K1321</b> shows <b>"Card Removed"</b> error. Although all the cards are firmly installed on the Plain Board yet the controller fails to recognize.

The strange part is that the TEST LAMP, and All Toggle Switches are working Fine. I have tried to Replace with spares yet get the same result. There is no internal circuit drawing to verify.

Needed immediate help please.
And a Happy New Year!!!

icengineerpak,

What does Tyco say about the problem? They provide a warranty to GE, and when you encounter a problem like this you can contact Tyco for assistance with problems on their equipment.

I'm told the PAC (Power Answer Center) is a mere shell of itself these days, but you should have some kind of support (prior to the PAC it was called 'Product Service' or 'Installation Support') and personnel manning the desks and taking the calls/emails from engineers in the field with problems such as this are supposed to be able to either provide assistance or put you in touch with the proper technical support from the vendor (Tyco in this case).

I

icengineerpak

Dear CSA,

Thanks for the response. What I have done recently is to Check each and every CCM on the unit which was working fine. Found out that none of the unit's card was working showing the same message as "Card Removed". Later I opened the controller of the Working Card and Compared with the Malfunctioning ones and found some mismatch between the ICs of the both. So I concluded that there must be some programming error in the Module which Latches this Fault and then never lets go. So we have asked for New Cards and mentioned the error and differences. I hope they will find out the problem. I hope you agree with my opinion.

Best Regards.