Firing Temperature

A

abrahash

Hi,

Can someone tell me the firing temperature for 9E machine running in NG and when its running on Oil.

B

Bob Johnston

From standard spec., Base Load Exhaust Temp is 1009 Deg.F. This is exhaust temp., not firing temp., firing temp. is not measured and is only a calculated value used in DLN control. This temp. will be pretty much the same on Gas or Oil fired.

can you please provide data for the same. My concern was why Water injection is used for Oil fired GTs whereas its DLN for NG operation. Is the Firing temperature higher in Oil operation and hence need injection?

Water injection is used for liquid fuel because there is no DLN system available for liquid fuels (at least on GE gas turbines). So water injection is used to limit peak flame temperature.

> Water injection is used for liquid fuel because there is no DLN system available for liquid fuels (at least on GE gas
> turbines). So water injection is used to limit peak flame temperature.

Water injection is used only for liquid fuel and how is SOx (CEMS) controlled during liquid fuel firing and NOx controlled during NG firing? can you please explain in detail about SOX and NOX control.

> Water injection is used only for liquid fuel and how is SOx (CEMS) controlled during liquid fuel firing and NOx
> controlled during NG firing? can you please explain in detail about SOX and NOX control.

AK,

I'm not sure I can help you very much - I'm a controls engineer, not a combustion engineer. I can only pass on some tidbits of information I have heard over many years. I do recall that the primary way of controlling NOx is by limiting the peak flame temperature. This was initially accomplished by injecting water or steam, and remains the only way I know of for controlling NOx with liquid fuels. For gas fuels, the combustion gurus have come up with ways of limiting peak flame temperature by controlling the combustion process through the "magic" of DLN.

For SOx, I don't believe it is controlled via the combustion process. To my knowledge, the only way to reduce the SOx is to reduce the sulfur in the fuel. There are fuel treatment systems that can do this; they are usually custom designed for each site and fuel. Basically, all the sulfur in the fuel delivered to the gas turbine will get converted to SOx.

B

Bob Johnston

I have a GE document on emissions control. If you can post your Email, I can send you a copy. it is probably the easiest way to explain.

> I have a GE document on emissions control...
Interested in reading
Can you mail me
kashifali069 @ gmail.com