Fisher rosemount Delat V syatem

F

fakher

I WANT TO KNOW HOW WE CAN READ THE SYSTEM CLOCK OF DELTA V NETWORK AND USE IT FOR CONTROLLING DIFFERENT TIME BASE EVENT.

J
There are a couple of ways to do this, the first is to simply obtain the seconds since midnight off of the controller you are needing time info for. I believe this can be browsed for by selecing an external reference, select diagnostics instead of io and then browse into your controller and look under modules. This is the easiest.

If, however, you need the date as well it is a little more difficult. One of the easiest ways I have seen is to write a small VB routine to write the time and date via OPC. This is not overly difficult, but you will have to do a little research to find how the OPC object model is set up. I did it so I am sure that you can with a little work as well. Remember that the System Time is set by the time keeper which is a
definable machine. This machine must be on continuously. Also remember to delay about 5 seconds between writes so that you do not kill your machines other functionality. I would also suggest the utility becomes a TSR, if you can write one and that it runs on every machine in the DeltaV network. Hope this helps.