Flow Meter Recommendation

I’m looking for flow meter recommendations for an agricultural chemical injection system. Current setup is a hydra cell metering pump, vfd, controller and surefire electro magnetic flow meter. It’s all mounted on a trailer with a 550 gallon tank. Line size is 3/4”. Typical flow ranges between 5 and 100 gallons per hour. My issue with the electro magnetic flow meter is that there is a wide variation in the batches that we pump on a daily basis, so the system needs recalibration for nearly every batch. I’ve even pumped a few batches with very low conductivity and the flow meter really struggles. Does anybody have a recommendation for a specific flow meter that would require very little recalibration for a wide range in batches, as well as being a robust and compact unit. The system is mobile and is subject to the wear and tear of bouncing down dirt roads. Thanks in advance!

I would suggest you try to find a paddle wheel-style flow sensor. They work well with just about all types of medium but do have some limitations. The maximum flow rate is usually on the lower side of the flow spectrum, and the signal output is typically a pulse-style output. They are very compact and you should have no problem finding one for 3/4 pipe.

There are any number of positive displacement meters that don't care about conductivity like a magmeter does. One needs to take heed of materials for compatability with the liquid,and there is definitely pressure drop across positive displacement meter which a magmeter does not have. You might even consider a positive displacement pump that provides a flow output signal. Most vendo

I’m looking for flow meter recommendations for an agricultural chemical injection system. Current setup is a hydra cell metering pump, vfd, controller and surefire electro magnetic flow meter. It’s all mounted on a trailer with a 550 gallon tank. Line size is 3/4”. Typical flow ranges between 5 and 100 gallons per hour. My issue with the electro magnetic flow meter is that there is a wide variation in the batches that we pump on a daily basis, so the system needs recalibration for nearly every batch. I’ve even pumped a few batches with very low conductivity and the flow meter really struggles. Does anybody have a recommendation for a specific flow meter that would require very little recalibration for a wide range in batches, as well as being a robust and compact unit. The system is mobile and is subject to the wear and tear of bouncing down dirt roads. Thanks in advance!

My first suggestion would be to look for coriolis mass flow meter the straight tube type. They are better in place where installation space is a contraint. But then again if there are lot of vibrations etc. then best is to go with any flowmeter which has no moving parts at all like the portable ultrasonic flowmeters. If accuracy is what you need then best is coriolis. Consult any leading flow-meter OEM and they would be more than happy to help you out.