Flow Sensor

G

Ger Dunne

I'm looking for a flow sensor which would be attached to the outside of a Stainless Steel pipe AISI 316L Biobore OD of 19.05mm(3/4in) wall thickness of 1.62mm.

My problem is that I can't insert any flow sensor devices into the line for sanitary purposes.
The maximum flow rate at any time would be approx. 0.166 LTS/min. I only want to detect a flow/no flow situation. Flow rates not required.
Any vendor data/ideas would be greatly appreciated.

R

Rohit Chandak

Dear Sir, It seems that you need a flow switch, which only detects flow & gives you a alarm at specified low as well as high flow. There are different types of flow switches liike flap type, thermal dispersion type etc. for the same purpose & is available with many flow measurement vendors. Further details on the process parameters could give a better idea of the technically suitable switch. Dwyer is one of the vendor which have most of the type of the switches. Kindly contact them or our Principal M/s. Fox Industries for Thermal Mass Switches [email protected]

P

Paul Broughton

Ultrasonic,

Have used them for very aggressive liquid flow. Just silicone the two sensors to the pipe and adjust the pot. Can't remember the name of the manufacturer, type "+ultrasonic +flow" into any search engine.

[email protected]