Flue Gas Analyzer ?

M

Mark Hill

Greetings all;

I have a client who's in need of a flue gas analyzer. Here's his spec's .....

"I will be running about 50,000-400,000 BTU's per hour using propane right now but light oil later. I need to check for CO, CO2, NO, NO2, SO2 and unburned hydrocarbons. O2 would be helpful as well if it is a 6-gas analyzer.

I need a continuous (or at least fairly frequent) analysis cycle and a means to record the data so I can print out either the results or a
multichannel chart preferably through my computer.
Of course price is a factor here. I need to get good data but not waste money."

Any suggestions from my learned colleagues ???

Regards
Mark Hill
[email protected]

C

Clint Sanders

Mark,

I suggest looking into the analyzers manufactured
by ECOM Ltd. I recently used one of their portable gas analysers and it suited my needs.
Data logging was simple-RS 232 directly into a laptop pc. However, the probe in my application
was only exposed to about 10,000 btu's. They do have the ability to measure all of your required
gas emissions and more. Their website is "www.ecomusa.com":http://www.ecomusa.com .

Respectfully,

Clint Sanders
[email protected]

I have done this for 02,CO2,CO,stack temp and oil flow, I used an automation direct plc and VB on a pc to "grab" data at a set rate for logging and to display on the Pc screen as the HMI,
this gave: combustion eff % and emissions monitering, later on I added thermocouples on
feedwater,makeupwater and ambient air.
to calculate overall plant eff %
be warned that the "Better" stack sensors are costly, but worth it, self calibration on a daily basis is a must unless you want to baby sit this thing
=-V-=

S

Senthil Kumar K, Sr.Manager/IPP/C&I

There are very good online analysers available in the market to measure the gaseous componets like CO, Sox,Nox . You should specify the range for these components. If u want any vendor details please write to me where u are.

pandi

Thanks Vortech;

Which analyzer did you use ?
Any recommendations ?
The VB stuff is fairly straight forward for me, I just need the hardware.

Mark

1.000 ST
SAI-03-18044 PORTABLE GAS ANALYZER
FOR MEASUREMENT OF: VRM OPTIMIZATION
1. O2
2. CO
3. CO2
4. SOX
5. NOX
6. TEMPERATURE
THE UNIT COMPLETE WITH THE FOLLOWING:
1. RECHARGEABLE BATTERIES
2. MAIN UNIT 230 VAC
3. SHOULDER STRAP
4. INDUSTRIAL PROBE CONSISTS OF ADAPTER, NON HEATED, 1 METER
LONG EXTENSION PIPE, CERAMIC PRELIMENARY FILTER, 1.2 METER
LONG THERMOCOUPLE MAX. TEMP. 1,200 DEG. C.
5. SERVICE CASE
6. CALIBRATION PROTOCOL WITH FACTORY CERTIFICATE
CHARGE TO APO VRM CLASSIFIER UPGRADE)(03-18044-PHI)