Flying Saw Servo Drives

M

Murat Dogan

Hi all,

i am working on a 2 axis flying saw project design. The hardware configuration is like this:

S7-315-2DP, Lenze servo drives, Profibus Interfaces for Lenze.

I am not sure of Lenze Drive configuration. Which drives we should use? and do we need a syncronisation interface?

Please send me any documents about flying saw applications or project examples.

My e-mail address is [email protected]

Thanks a lot.

If you would purchase from Lenze in U.S. ask if it is a "Lenze" drive or "ACTech" drive. Lenze purchased ACTech some years back. My recollection of ACTech drives was a low-end application design whereas Lenze is mid/high end but I'm not sure of the tech support these days in U.S. Lenze documentation may also be difficult to follow.

Also, if this is a 24/7/365 type application with high accel/speeds, you should know that more and more oems and users are switching to direct drive linear servomotor technology. The linear motor technology is a natural and far superior to conventional rotary/linear technology for fly applications. Better performance and much less maintenance/repair.

B

Branko Treska

Hi!

I have experince on many flying saw projects.
Lenze has very good solution with servo-PLC driver. All functions are included in one device. Setting up is simple by flying saw template. If you want more inf. please contact me.

Branko Treska
email: [email protected]

I have seen some Flying Saw machines and they use SEW Eurodrive for this app. I think it is a good choice.

R

Roshan Pandey

I've worked on Lenze drives for flying saw applications. Servo-PLC can very easily be used with the flying saw template.

For info you can reach me at roshan.434 [at] gmail.com

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Motion Control 3
H Motion Control 26
P General Automation Chat 0
M General Automation Chat 0
I Computing 5