Force sensor sense small force resist great force

J

Jack

Hi,

I am trying to find a force sensor that would detect small forces (range -200 to 200N) but could resist great forces (-3000 to 3000N). I tried to find such sensors but without success (but I am pretty sure it exists).

It is sure that when the force is for example 500N I would not be able to sense this force but at least the sensor would not break !

Thank you very much !

Jack

Hi again,

I would also like to find a compression force sensor range 0-500 that can resist about 3000N. I haven't been able to find it...do you think it is possible?

Thank you !
Jack

R
If you want a 0-500 that will resist the occasional 3,000 perhaps you could have a mechanical stop i.e a small gap which closes over say 600. I have seen this on conveyor weigh scales to protect them against overload

Regards
Roy

C

Curt Wuollet

That's what mechanical limits are for. You allow the cell to take say 510 newtons then adjust the limiter to bring it down to 500. After that any force over 500 N will be taken by the limiter. A cell
that will take a 6X over load might be hard to find. But a strategically placed bolt can take the overload around the squasher.

Regards
cww