Foreign job applicants

A

Atelier

Does there exist any possibility that first world (USA, Europe, etc) automation employers take into consideration foreign candidates ?

What need to have a foreign applicant to be really considered?

NO, don't ask me why but its not easy. Think as well that for one European that wants to move to the States is difficult as well.

I tell you from my own experience.

M

Michael Griffin

I can't speak for any other country, but in Canada you would be putting the cart before the horse. This is an immigration issue, not an employment one. The significant question is whether you have the right to work in Canada, not what your country of origin is. I'm not an immigration expert, so I won't attempt to answer any questions about obtaining landed immigrant status.

If you have the right to work in Canada, then an employer would want to know your educational qualifications, work experience and any of the other usual relevant data that they would want from any candidate. If the job requires a professional engineer's license (P. Eng.), then you would need to check with the appropriate provincial licensing authority to see what is required there. Rather few automation jobs have this as a requirement though.

I believe that roughly half (or a bit more) of the city of Toronto was born abroad, so I suppose that whatever problems may exist must be surmountable. There are likely some members of the automation list who can answer your questions from experince. My own knowledge in this field is strictly theoretical.

Michael Griffin
London, Ont. Canada

A

Another Anonymous

I have two happy tales. First one, a friend of mine worked for a local (latin american) company that had a contract with multinational USA company. The engineers of the multinational found in him a lot of skills that were needed and they decided give him a job and carry to USA. The second one, some important company in USA visited latin american company in order to take the
last steps to agree a contract project. The USA engineer had the opportunity to see a project implemented for a young engineer that worked for the latin american company. They were very impressed for the implementation and decided
contact the young engineer and give him a job in USA.

Very beautiful tales, isn'it

D

david mertens

Basically, european companies are willing to accept foreign applicants only when they already have a legal permit to stay and work in the country and can prove they can do the job (degrees, previous experiences,...). This means that it is virtually impossible. Europe does not take immigrants, only political refugees, and even if you could become an official political refugee, it would take years in most countries before you could get permission to work. And
companies usually don't hire people who haven't worked for a number of years. Besides most jobs require university or college degrees from european institutions or accepted foreign institutions (mostly american).