format of PL7_2 binary files

V

Valentin DAVID

I want to make a compiler to translate a language to a constructor language. For old TSX PLCs, there is a big problem : no documentations
are available on internet. The format of PL7_2 binary files very strange. I have begun a reverse engineering study on it. But i have no
enough time. If someone has documentions on it, please contact me.

(Note that schneider has no documentation on its site, and technical services do not answer)

B

Bert De Bondt

Do you have dos or windows software for PL7_2 or PL7_3, I use OS/2 software Xtel software, PL7 bin files are hex, but you can export the source code via the software

Bert ([email protected])

G

Gilles Habel

I don't see why you want to do that???
If it's is to build a kind of language translator for TSX PLC's, I'll look at the standardize format with IEC-1131. The PLC-Open files can be easily imported in a section of the program and compile by the programming software.

Give me more details and I'll try to help.

Gilles Habel
Schneider Electric (Canada)

PL7-2 Bin files are full binary files. The beginning of the file contains a kind of header describing what PLC is concerned, its version, the version of software used for generation...etc.
The rest (the most part) of the file contains a strict binary image of the content of the PLC application memory.

It is not very easy to develop a decompiler because it needs a great lot of information (configuration coding, memory management, code génération ...).