function code 23 with TSXETG100

• Thread starter stefano sormanni
  • Start date
S

stefano sormanni

Hi all,

I've a question regarding ETG100 + Modbus function n.23.
I'm using MasterVolt Battery charger, and it has Masterbus that can communicate in Modbus f.c. 23.

I thought to read variable using a Schneider Premium plus a TSXETG100 but I don't know if the gateway can support this function.
Has somebody used it?

Thanks for your reply

Stefano

I do not see why this setup would not work.

I currently use the EGX100 which is Schneider's version of the TSXETG100. The setup, parameters, and specs all look the same. What kind of error's or problems are you having?

L

Lynn August Linse

Having written firmware for many Modbus/TCP to serial gateways (including the ETG's predecessor), what you'll find is all such gateways should handle all functions from 1 to 127.

What you will find though:

1) 'Known' functions tend to work faster given the gateway can predict response size - so using unknown or vendor-specific functions might mean you need to increase some of your time outs and accept less throughput.

2) Some tools make 'assumptions' based on Modbus/TCP vs serial, so for example some Modicon reflash tools would be fooled by the Modbus/TCP channel and send newer commands which older serial (pre-Ethernet) hardware couldn't handle.