Future Trends in Automation

• Thread starter Solis Martinez Ivan Jorge
  • Start date
S

Solis Martinez Ivan Jorge

Could somebody recommend web sites / articles where I can find info related to the Future Trends in Automation ( Next 3 to 5 years ) ?
Personal point of view are welcome too.
Main Trends observed in automation Forces that are pushing these technology changes:
External ( environment , legislation , economics , etc. ) Internal ( rapid changes due to tech itself , etc. )

Ivan Solis
Mexico

Ivan Solis, Mexico asked :

>Could somebody recommend web sites / articles where
> I can find info related to the Future Trends in Automation
> ( Next 3 to 5 years ) ?

Jim Pinto :
My article "Instrumentation & Control on the frontiers of a new Millennium" was published in I&CS magazine, January 2000.

It's on the web at :
http://www.jimpinto.com/writings/frontiers.html

Cheers:
jim
,,,,,,,,,,/
Jim Pinto
e-mail: [email protected]
web: www.JimPinto.com
San Diego, CA. USA
,,,,,,,,,,/

T
The control.com web site under the BULL! luminary has the 5th annual motion control forum transcript which discusses the issues of the day and the future from a motion control viewpoint. Also, the bullseyenet.com web site has info on a study entitled "The Future of Industrial Machine Control in Factory Automation". Also, within
the next month or so, the transcript from the 6th motion control forum held this past spring should be posted on the control.com site.

Thomas B. Bullock,
President Bull's Eye Marketing, Inc. Industrial Controls
Consulting Div. E-mail: [email protected] Phone 920: 929-6544

Besides the visible trend, in my view there is urgent need for Engineers to catch up between the formal academics of Engineering and the so many subtleties of all these gears in the black boxes (they are real black to many ones).