Fuzzy Control Siemens-Moore APACS

A

amoises

I work in a sugar mill and we use Siemens Moore APACS to control our process. I read a very interesting article that described a fuzzy contrtol for vaccum pans. I would like to know if it is possible to implement fuzzy control in APACS+ ACM controller?

Thanks

Alvaro Moises

F

fred thomasson

The answer is yes. I have implemented minumm excess air optimization and various other boiler controls in a Siemens-Moore APACS DCS. This included defining a set of prioritized constraints which define a safe operating envelope for each control function. You can implement single loop fuzzy contol but optimization is where it really excels.

You must have a very good understanding of fuzzy logic control concepts(how to define appropriate membership functions,how velocity fuzzy conrol algorithms work,how to connect the fuzzy part with the conventional control blocks, ... etc. ). Once you know how you want the fuzzy logic control to work, the actual implementation in the ACM is not that difficult. It will require some additional graphic development so that you can see what the fuzzy control is doing and be able to tune it. ACM loading may be an issue.