Fuzzy logic control using ladder logic

R

Roberto Feliciano

I´m a Brazilian electrical engineering student. I´ve read some articles about artificial inteligence and I´m so excited to implement fuzzy logic controllers in PLCs (Modicon or AB). Can you help me to find some material on web ? Or maybe we just could exchange some infos about it.

Thanks
Roberto Feliciano Dias Filho

C
I've thought about doing the same thing, but implementing the fuzzy sets and rules in ladder could take quite a large number of compute blocks. Instead, I envisioned implementing the final control surface as a multi-dimensioned lookup table (i.e., discretize the fuzzy controller's output and store it in a memory file). If I understand correctly, that is how fuzzy is actually implemented in appliances,
cameras, and the like. Unfortunately, I have not had a need to do this on a project so I have not been able to find the time to try it.

Good Luck,

Chip Hinde
Los Alamos National Laboratory

Schneider's Concept software for Modicon PLC's has some built-in function blocks for Fuzzy logic. I've never used them, I just remember going through the manual and seeing that they were there.

Best of luck.
Don Zunti, P. Eng.
Delco Automation Canada

W

Waddell, Reginald E

I have implemented a fuzzy logic controller using a Honeywell TDC3000 DCS system. Maybe I can give you some ideas with the PLC implementation.

Reginald Waddell
Control Engineer
BP
[email protected]

J

Juha Katajisto

Hi, I have implemented sugenos FIS with my Siemens S- 300 logic controller. For a smal system (only few Input and Output) It won't need so much for codeign. If you'r interestid you can contact on me and I can send you some ideas or even sample code I wrote Step7.

Good luck

Juha Katajisto
Häme Polytechnic, Insructer

[email protected]