GALIL servo control card, PC and Profibus

Z

Ziv

i'm using A GALIL servo control card and need to connect also i/o to the PC (Over 150) i don't like the idea of runing a lot of wiring form the machine to the pc (over 25M), so my question is: is there a network system - like Profibus that i can connect to the PC (CP 5611 from siemens or other) and the VB program on the PC could handle it?

D
If you are flexible on this... my recommendation would be to use a Ethernet enabled PLC. Why? More flexibility, better performance, and lower costs.

To communicate Profibus to a PC you will need a scanner card - about $1500.00 (depends). Ethernet card is most likely already on your PC. Not sure if the Profi scanner card comes with the driver to program in VB (may need to get this from the PLC supplier). However, with ethernet all you need to do is download the DLL (driver - for free). If you need further assistance on your application give us a call at 1-800-346-7245 or vist us online at http://www.wago.com/web/index.php?country=us&language=en&key=95_.

You can get an Ethernet PLC or bus coupler for around 350.00.