Gas control valve of SGT100 turbine

Hello all.
My question is about gas control valve of a a SGT100 unit. When the control system apply different current values to board of actuator. The actuator is just opened till 10 percent. With higher number of commands from control system, it doesnt move, when we disconnect the actuator from its control board and connect it again, it will positioned to the number which is set in control system but when it comes to 10 percent, it can not raise anymore.
We checked and calibrated zero span of actuator, it does not have any problem

Hello all.
My question is about gas control valve of a a SGT100 unit. When the control system apply different current values to board of actuator. The actuator is just opened till 10 percent. With higher number of commands from control system, it doesnt move, when we disconnect the actuator from its control board and connect it again, it will positioned to the number which is set in control system but when it comes to 10 percent, it can not raise anymore.
Hi

Can you tell the model/type of controls system/gas control valve ??

What OEM manual are saying about Gas control valve testing, did you follow all OEM instructions???

Is there possible for sharing drawings or controls sequence..

When this problem started ? any modifications/works have been done on this part of the system??

With more datas provided , the best we can try to assist you!

Controls Guy25.

Hello
Yes we followed all OEM manual instruction for calibration but in the calibration the actuator does not move if the value of current increase.
The type of controller was MKII and we changed it to siemens S7-300.
I will share the information of actuator and its control board with you tomorrow.
There are 6 variable resistance on control board . 2 of them are for gain and stablizer; 2 of them are for setting zero and span and 2 of them are for feedback of valve. Type of turbine is SGT100 siemens and we have not change the original gas valve. We just changed control system. I will share extra information with you tomorrow.

Hi

Can you tell the model/type of controls system/gas control valve ??

What OEM manual are saying about Gas control valve testing, did you follow all OEM instructions???

Is there possible for sharing drawings or controls sequence..

When this problem started ? any modifications/works have been done on this part of the system??

With more datas provided , the best we can try to assist you!

Controls Guy25.
Hello
The model of gas control valve is Fritz heinzmanm, STG 2120.1
We followed all oem instruction for testing but the valve can not track the commands from control system, we are sure that this is not a problem of control board, Because we checked the board with another valve and it was ok. But with this faulty valve it can not track the control system commands. For example when we give 5.6mA of current, the valve goes on 10 percent, but when we give 18.4mA source, it remains on 10 percent position. And when we disconnect the wire of actuator from board and connect it again, it will reach to 70 percent.

Hello
The model of gas control valve is Fritz heinzmanm, STG 2120.1
We followed all oem instruction for testing but the valve can not track the commands from control system, we are sure that this is not a problem of control board, Because we checked the board with another valve and it was ok. But with this faulty valve it can not track the control system commands. For example when we give 5.6mA of current, the valve goes on 10 percent, but when we give 18.4mA source, it remains on 10 percent position. And when we disconnect the wire of actuator from board and connect it again, it will reach to 70 percent.
Hello,

Thanks for these clarifications.
It seems that Fritz heinzmanm, STG 2120.1 is an actuator ... not Control valve...
Can you clarify....
So we can try to support you on this issue.

Controls Guy25

Hello
Yes we followed all OEM manual instruction for calibration but in the calibration the actuator does not move if the value of current increase.
The type of controller was MKII and we changed it to siemens S7-300.
I will share the information of actuator and its control board with you tomorrow.
There are 6 variable resistance on control board . 2 of them are for gain and stablizer; 2 of them are for setting zero and span and 2 of them are for feedback of valve. Type of turbine is SGT100 siemens and we have not change the original gas valve. We just changed control system. I will share extra information with you tomorrow.
You said that with increasing current the actuator does not move...I think this might be a case where the controller's output is not able to drive the load(actuator in your case)...
Is the same controller driving similar other actuators?? Are they working properly???
If they are working properly, try connecting this particular output to those functioning actuators and see if it works properly or not...

Hello all.