Gas fuel system

hi

i want to ask a question about Gas turbine Frame 9e DLN 2.1. we are operating machine on Gas fuel it has three manifold. like to say 3 GCV and 1 SRV

1. primary manifold
2.secondary manifold
3.transfer manifold

can any one tell me what is specific load for using these three manifold when these three valves comes in operation

Other question is when we are using gas fuel what are the use of controlling mode like. Why we can not keep unit on Lean Lean Extended mode what are disadvantages. Why we need to keep unit on Premix mode what is benefit for gas turbine.
1. Lean Lean Extended
2. Lean Lean Base.
3. Premix mode
4. Lean Lean Negative
5. Lean lean Positive

Kindly give a detailed description of above issues

Ghulam,

In the Operations & Service Manuals provided with the turbine-generator and auxiliaries you should find some very good information about the gas fuel system, as well as about the DLN combustion system provided with the turbine-generator at your site.

Personally, this is the first time I have heard of DLN-2.1, but it sounds a LOT like DLN-I (that's Roman numeral one). If you could provide the Gas Fuel System P&ID (Piping & Instrumentation Diagram) as an attachment to a post to this thread, we could probably provide more detailed information.

The GE division in Belfort, France, is renown (very famous) for needlessly overcomplicating tried and true and proven control schemes and practices. They, unfortunately, now have the "responsibility" for the control schemes of Frame 9E GE-design heavy duty gas turbines, which means they can change anything they want--just because they want to change it. And, they do--because their way is always better than decades of proven control schemes and practices. I imagine DLN-2.1 is one of their "improved" control schemes....

Attach a copy of the gas fuel system P&ID and we can probably be more helpful. Any information I would provide at this time (without seeing the gas fuel system P&ID, and without doing some research on the World Wide Web about DLN-2.1) would be specifically related to DLN-I (which I suspect is totally applicable to this "improved" DLN system, but I would like a little more information before writing any more).

The subject of DLN-I combustion systems and combustion modes and combustion mode transfers has been covered in detail in MANY previous threads on Control.com. Control.com provides a very good list of related threads at the bottom of every thread; as well as via the Search feature. I strongly suggest you read some DLN-I threads and that will answer a LOT of questions you might have, as well as get you started on your journey of understanding of the gas fuel system and DLN-2.1 combustion.

Lastly, usually, when a plant is new, they purchase some (less than useful) training for the operators and technicians, and there are some manuals which are abandoned in the bookshelves of the plant. If you are new to an existing plant, you can probably spot them if you look around, or ask around, and that would also be an excellent place to start (though, usually, many of the documents in the manuals come directly from the Operations & Maintenance Manuals).

Hope this helps!!!